Thursday, April 30, 2009

April 30, 2009 Mad Paper Work

This blog is so very new for me. The whole idea thrills me in every way. Imaging piles of stories in folders in a file cabinet, lots of essays on Mom's Folder and My Documents in my computer, a whole drawer of what I call "letters" that are things I have heard from the Lord. Then there are notes everywhere. When I go to a meeting, I take notes. When I read a book, even a novel, something hits me and I have to get a quote. I have a stuffed envelope just with quotes from books I've read, movies, and a few radio shows. It's a paper mad house. But I do go through them periodically. I'm very organized. I love the Don Aslett books on decluttering. I just finished one, Clutter's Last Stand, the second edition. It helped me to give away six bags of stuff I don't use. So now, with this blog, I have a place to share my writings. It's been my dream for so long. I wanted to be published, but then the dream turned to just wanting to be read. I have given my writings away to people at restaurants, at a garage sale and things like that, plus I did try earlier in my "career" to publish my stories and a novel. I have a folder with over fifty rejection notices. Some of the editors sent me nice comments. So I am ready to go. My first essay will be appearing here soon, as soon as I can figure out how to move things around. Really, before this, I've only used Word on the computer, and I did do some emails. So have patience and we'll get there together. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment