This idea for today comes from Jeanette at Audience of ONE. She encouraged us to try it. Thanks Jeanette. This was so much fun, I could easily have done ten more. Maybe I'll do some others in a few months. I want to thank God for all the memories it stirred up, good and bad. Now for the confessions. See if any of them surprised you.
1. On my wedding day, I quit smoking - "cold turkey."
2. I got "yelled at" for taking a picture of "The Nightwatch" in a museum in Amsterdam.
3. Once, I broke through the ice and fell in.
4. There was a time when I was great at playing jacks, doing the hula hoop, and jumping on the pogo stick.
5. When I was in the sixth grade, I memorized The Gettysburg Address and I can still say it (with a few fumbles.)
6. When we were kids, my neighbor and I called up a store and told them our dog was coming to pick up a package.
7. I once marched in a parade in N.Y.C. against the Nuclear bomb.
8. I love black licorice and tapioca.
9. My second son's birth weight was 9 lbs., 3 oz. and that was way back in l979. He was a Keeper.
10. I have three handwritings: slanted to the right, straight up and down, and illegible.
There, now you know me better and I had some fun. Love to all of you. Nancy