Friday, March 5, 2010

Quotes, The First Three

(First I'd like to say that my post for Scribblers was a mess this time. I had the hang of the paragraphing thing and then today, it all decided to go spastic. So, since it was a very long chapter and it wouldn't let me fix it, I'm just leaving it. Sorry, it doesn't look as nice as I would like it to look. Hope next time, the thing cooperates.) (As I was fixing this post, I noticed that a whole new set-up is in place. This is way over my head. I would like my old set-up back, but I don't even know what I did to get it this way. You have to laugh, don't you?)


QUOTES:

I have an envelope chock full of quotes. When I read non-fiction I take quotes; when I read even fiction something will catch my eye or my heart. I write down things I have seen on overpasses, bumper stickers, church marquis, radio, T.V., and movies. My Bible scriptures are all in a different place. These are what I call inspirational quotes.

Today, I'd like to share three with you. The first one comes from The Lord Of The Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien. Sam and Frodo are in the ruins of a place where their kings had statues. The enemies had marred them and one king's head was on the ground. A lovely spray of white flowers was on its head. Sam says, "Look,the king has got a crown." Frodo answers, "They can't conquer forever." I don't think that last quote made the movie, because I was looking for it and I just love it.

The next quote is from The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis. Aslan is in his country by a stream and a character named Jill is thirsty. She wants a drink but is afraid the lion will get her if she drinks. She says to him that she will just go and find another stream. He answers, "There is no other stream."

In Peace Like a River, Leif Enger says "Once touched by truth, a little thing like faith is easy."

These are three of my very favorite books. Which quote did you like best? Does it ring true for you? See you next time, Nancy

10 comments:

  1. I loved, "There is no other stream." CS Lewis is one of my favorites.

    Your new wallpaper is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is, "Once touched by truth, a little thing like faith is easy."

    I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes! I love the third one, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy -

    The last quote is my favorite. :)

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a favorite quote 'cause I forget them, but I love reading them! These are so good and true. Love the last one. :-) Sorry about your blog look. Sounds like something in the html code got deleted?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Once touched by truth a little thing like faith is easy." This is my favorite...and yes, it rings true.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all, but I think my favorite is Aslan's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The truth one seems to ring true for me. You won't believe this, but when I was in high school we actually did a play in drama of "The Hobbit." It was a musical. No lie! I was Elf One.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie - I'm trying to picture how cute that would be. What fun.

    ReplyDelete