Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Stillness Speaks Of His Goodness


Sitting in a darkened church on Thanksgiving Eve, I see candles on the altar. Lovely fall blooms are displayed profusely. Only a few decide to soak up the atmosphere. The organ plays. Then we begin to sing "We Gather Together," a hymn about bounty and provision. I can see the Pilgrims at their table and the loving thanks on wearied faces.

We sing "Come Ye Thankful People Come," about the Harvest Home. I am full to overflowing. I will long remember the beauty and sweetness of this time.

To all of you who have made my life richer with your online friendships, new readers, and all others, I wish a Happy Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving day and may you all your beautiful family be blessed! FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at ya...thank YOU for also enriching my own life with your presence online!

    BTW, since you mentioned the fig tree on your last comment over at Beautiful Life, I added a photo to my posting about twinkle lights on my fig tree if you want to see:

    http://beautiful.wordfromhome.com/2011/11/just-living-moment.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!! Blessings to you Nancy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda - I love that look. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, Nancy! I had a lovely Thanksgiving. Hope you did too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your Thanksgiving was filled to overflowing with sweet surprises from God. We got to go see our grands in Okla. What fun! We're so blessed.

    Happy,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Nancy! I hope yours was a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete