Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Warm Words For a Cold Morning

Time to dip into my quote envelope and share a few treasures.  I can't get over how inspired I get every time I go through the packet and see how a little thing like words on paper can inspire, equip, encourage, teach, or just show off their beauty.

Here is one from The Hound Of The Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle:  "a dabler in science... a picker up of shells on the shores of the great unknown ocean."

From The Coach That Never Came by Patricia Beatty: "Some people come along at the right time.  Others are too early or too late to fit their eras."

Marlo Thomas: "If it comes from the heart it works - if you try to figure out what others want, it almost never works."

6 comments:

  1. I like the Marlo Thomas one. Thanks for sharing!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jen on this one. The Marlo Thomas quote held much wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices! I'm with Jen and Susan; Marlo's is my favorite. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, Like you, I love quotes... I enjoyed the ones you selected for our reading pleasure today.

    Wishing you a GRAND day....
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. The Marlo quote was on my bulletin board for quite sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Good stuff, Nancy. You know I LOVE a good, inspiring quote!

    ReplyDelete