Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunny Day Shower



We had a shower for my daughter Dawn. As you can guess, she is expecting a baby girl. What a lot of fun going through all of the cute party things for babies and helping put the shower together.

My daughter-in-law, Rebekah, did the cute decorations, my other daughter-in-law, Sandra, designed the clever invitations, Dawn's mother in law and her sister helped with food and games and I designed the cookies. It was all a labor of love.

The Lord gave me the idea for the cookies as soon as I heard that we needed a favor. This is a variation of my "turkey cookies." After baking and designing them, I bagged them with ribbon and a charm.

The games were lots of fun. I found out that I knew less than I thought about nursery rhymes. Some guest got them all right. That is remarkable.

Dawn got lots of items she needed as well as some adorable ones like a pink body suit and tutu. I am blessed that Dawn is spending a couple of weeks with me. Then she is off to Tennessee and the long wait for the baby in early July. Well, it was quite the festive day. We had showers that turned to big sunshine for our special day.


7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful event! (baby and shower:) Looks like you had a great time, and I love the favors. So cute! Congratulations to your whole gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy -

    There's nothing like a shower to bring out our craft/cooking skills. The cookies are adorable!

    How nice you'll now have a little princess in the family.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like family. :-) I'm glad you had fun, and I could use a cookie right now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet--literally. Those cookies look too adorable to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome. Congrats! And that cookie looks delicious. I didn't know there was sparkly icing? It is sparkly, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great day! A baby girl in the mix will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete