Friday, August 13, 2010

Little Jobs

It's almost 1:00 in the afternoon. I had wanted to get started on my blog by 11:00 at the latest, but things kept getting in the way. Little jobs. I realize I have used the word "little" in my blog titles quite a bit lately. Well, I'm 5'2" so I can relate to very small things.

These tasks are repetitive or they just seem annoying when you are busy. The ones I did today were figuring out banking and taking the money in. That's good that I had money. So then, I had dishes to do. We don't have a dishwasher, by my choice, so there is always a small stack ready to go. I cleaned the sink. It needed it. I put out the butter. How annoying that is - to get all greasy and plop two sticks in a Tupperware like container. But it pleases my husband to have nice new ones ready to go so I did it. I put more ice in the two trays. Now if there was ever a job (besides brushing your teeth) that it seems like you are always doing, it is ice cube trays.

Other things that can get to you are putting the new bag into the trash. We don't do it just as ours is emptied. We wait a bit to let the stuff settle and then put more in and take it out. Meanwhile, you walk to the container with that stiff top of the spray cheese in your fingers and there's no bag. So you put it in a tissue and put the bag in. There.

It always seems like I am watering my hanging basket. I have to do it as soon as I come home or it will be wilted in this heat. I snag a nail and have to clip it. Then I see several more that need attention. Who has time for that? I have to get rid of junk mail every day.

In each of these annoying tasks is a hidden blessing. Not difficult to find at all. Tell me what little job it seems like you are always doing and which ones bug you the most. It has to be a little one to count. I'll be waiting to hear. Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I hate putting a new garbage bag in too but just did it and hate folding the towels from the dryer and hate putting the vacuum cleaner back in the closet:0

    ReplyDelete