Monday, June 13, 2011

Cruise News / Father's Day

Here is my big news. My husband and I are going on a cruise to Alaska this Thursday, June 16. We begin with a land tour starting in Anchorage. Then, after a week, we get on board the Princess Cruise ship and a week later, end up in Vancouver. We are going with my sister Jean and her husband. This is the sister who went with me to New England in the fall. We have been preparing this all year. Now, finally it is almost here. We are all very excited. I will not be blogging for that two week time period. I'll miss you all, but I know I'll be busy. When I return, I'll have a few travelogues to share with you.



This Sunday is Father's day. It should be celebrated with as much enthusiasm as Mother's day. I fear that it is not. Most dads are so faithful. They sit and let Mom get all the glory on her day and when the kids do well. I'm ashamed when dads are ridiculed on T.V. They are so smart. They always know how to fix things around the house and all the little troubles. Well, my dad and my husband and his dad are all so great. They make it look easy. For them and all of the dads out there who have ever felt unappreciated, I salute you! Have a very Happy Father's Day.

8 comments:

  1. YAY. I've always wanted to do a cruise and an Alaskan one sounds fun. Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of friends in Alaska that keep telling us we should come for a visit. I have heard several people say how much fun those cruises are! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

    Thank you for your kind words about us fathers! I do my best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fantastic time!!!

    My hubby gets all the glory in our house. LOL But yeah, dads on TV (and especially commercials)do get a bad rap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going to tell my hubby where you're going, he'll be totally jealous! He's been wanting to go on an Alaskan cruise forever, but he keeps getting out-voted when we plan big family vacations. Hee, hee!

    And thanks for the reminder about dads. I agree, it drives me NUTS how they are so often portrayed as goofballs on television. Dads ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy -

    How exciting! I can't wait to hear about your cruise adventures.

    Both my Dad and my husband are in heaven, but I remember all the good times and their faithfulness to their families.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful, wonderful cruise!!! And I'm with you on Father's day--let's hear it for the dads!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great cruise! I hope you get good weather :-)

    ReplyDelete