Tuesday, June 7, 2011

God Shall Provide - ALL Of My Needs

Imagine having handfuls of hair fall out when you shower and comb or brush your hair. This is what is happening to me lately. It started around March. Then in May I got my hair colored and the thing doubled. After looking at Internet sights and finding mostly adds that I wasn't sure about, I finally went to the doctor. She thinks it is stress. I don't feel that I have that much stress, but she told me a story about how she had stress and then about 4 months later, her hair started coming out. Four months ago was when I had the surgery and though I handled it as well as I could with much love and help from the Lord, it is possible that I had stress and didn't know it. Perhaps my body doesn't know the difference between "peaceful" spiritual warfare and stress. Anyway, I have to go in Friday and have a physical. It's been a while since I had one. I hope there is no big deal wrong because I am going on vacation Thurs. June 16. I'll tell you about that later.

Right now my hair is looking thin. Hair comes out when I wash it and it even just sheds. (Isn't this fun to know?) My hair has always been my favorite asset. As a child, it was a perfect auburn. My gym teacher called me "Red," but it was only red in the sun. So to lose it is tragic to me. Still, I am getting used to the idea that it will be all right. My doctor says it will come back in. I don't want to look awful on my trip, so I have devised strategies. I'm getting covered rubber bands and bobby pins to pony-tail it up. I can wear my Tiger's hat. I also got a cute sun hat at Bass Pro that looks like a cowgirl hat. I feel like Annie Oakley in it. And, I ordered a wig. I hope it fits and that it doesn't look ridiculous.

I want you to know that I have prayed and I believe the Lord heard me. He said He is extending to me a mantle. Once before, He said He had given me my hair for a mantle. That is why I grew it long again. It looked cuter short, but I wanted to be obedient. It took me a whole year to grow it out and now it is falling out. I know the mantle is intercession. I think He may be giving me a new way of praying. Anyway, I have been through the whining and the Jo March of Little Women "it's my one beauty" thing. My beauty comes from the Lord and it's time I realized it. What can I do but go on this adventure with Him and laugh, have joy and be glad of all of my many blessings? I'm believing He will cover me and not put me to shame and that He will provide everything I need, even hair.
(I'll keep you posted on how things turn out.)

10 comments:

  1. I'll pray for you!

    I had the exact thing happent to me a few years ago. Completely freaked me out and made me realize I'm even vainer than I think I am. :)

    Funny how we don't "think" we're stressed, but there was a stressful situation going on with my hubby's business. I thought I was handling it well, but I guess my body thought differently.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you too, Nancy! I know we don't like to think we're handling things, but our bodies (like God)knows the truth. And if you are still looking for temporary fixes, I did see the cutest handmade leather hats an a recent art fair in southeastern Michigan. Keep your eyes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and prayers to you. Hoping the sunshine on your shoulders will bring peace into your life. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. My hair has been thinning a great deal lately. I've been thinking of wearing more hats. High fashion might get us out of the dumps. Have fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine has lost much of her hair over the years. She has special medicine that helps and uses various hair pieces.

    Even when we have a full head of hair, a bad hair day makes us grumpy. Hearing these stories gives new appreciation for what we've got.

    Praying you'll soon be past this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! But on the upside, it will grow back and maybe it will grow back as something new and exciting. :-) In the meantime, you get to try out some cool, funky wigs! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, dear. So sorry to hear this. You have a great attitude, that God is your source of joy and He will cover you with His love and grace. We like you for your inner beauty as well as your lovely hair, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was happening to my mom, too. I think it just cleared up after a while. I'll ask her what happened. I know she still has lots of hair so it had to have stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your king comments. They helped me and encouraged me greatly.

    ReplyDelete