Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And The Next Step




The big day finally arrived. I was as nervous as if I were the one getting married. My daughter was joyful and radiant the whole day and everything went according to the plan.

Now that the happy couple are off to their honeymoon, I realize that I need to do like the astronauts and "get back to earth." When nearly every thought and plan has been heading in one direction, it's hard to think what the next step is now that it's over.

I want to clean out my house, get rid of stuff, and simplify again. I want to do more creative writing, maybe some devotions. I want to get serious about prayer again. And who knows, maybe there is something else for me to do. I know that I'll be spending more time with my grandson, and that's a good thing. He's now at the age where a relationship can grow and I am having so much fun.

My husband and I had a nice quiet little dinner last night. I actually think I can learn to enjoy the quiet. (I know I can't go in my daughter's room right now or I will be sad.) Everything will turn right side up. We will be empty -nesters again. There's always more to see and do with The Lord guiding the way.



-

8 comments:

  1. Sounds great! It is like you have to decompress and come back to reality, huh :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter made a beautiful bride. I'm glad the wedding went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bride. I'm so happy everything went well and you are now enjoying some quiet time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the happy couple! Your daughter does look radiant. :)

    You're entering a new season. It will be different, but it will be good. You're already seeing how much fun you'll have with your grandson and have more time to do the things you love.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how wonderful--they look radiant and happy!

    I cried the day my daughter got married, too. Even her brother, who teased her from the time he could speak, wept after she left.

    I'm glad you can spend more time with your grandson.

    Love
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I was so sad when my daughter moved out and it was hard to adjust at first. Now I miss her terribly but not the stuff around! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Beautiful pics. I hope you do find peace in the silence and enjoy this next chapter of your life. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and GOD bless...I know exactly how you feel...Just last September, I was coming down from a wedding high!
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete