Tuesday, July 20, 2010

He's There

When you don't know what to do, there's Jesus. When you have failed at so many things, there is Jesus. When your best isn't good enough, there's Jesus. I said these things to myself not long ago, and soon, the hope I was trying to get, the spiritual boost that eluded me came rushing down and all around and all of a sudden I was saying, "Why Jesus is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. He is the great and mighty one. I am under the shelter of the Almighty. I can do all things through Christ. These are things that He has put in my heart and I know them to be true. Soon I was at peace knowing that everything was covered by Him and I just needed to rest in His love, and I did. I was soon asleep and I know I could have very easily been awake all night worrying. It's just knowing and saying whatever is going on in my life, there's Jesus. That made all of the difference.

5 comments:

  1. You are so right. You reminded me of one of my favorite quotes, "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
    Victor Hugo
    It helps me to let go and go to sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I needt to tell myself this very thing, often.

    Thanks for the reminder!
    Jen

    P.S. Regarding the pedi's and mani's you got done--God doesn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara - that is a great quote.

    Jeanette - Thanks for the good words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, yeah - this is GOOD Stuff! I just love your heart Nancy and I love just knowing that when nothing else is right... there is Jesus. It's like Beth Moore says:

    If _____, then God.

    ReplyDelete