Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Writing For Him

I have given special skill to all who are known experts, so that they can make all the things I have instructed you to make. Exodus 31:6

This scripture refers to how God enabled the artists to make everything He wanted done in the tabernacle. When it really counts, like with the craftsmen in days of old, God gives supernatural talent and gifts to empower a work for His use and glory.

Did you ever think of your writing as an artistic gift that God had commissioned you to do? What if you were told by an audible voice that He wanted that particular play, novel, or article done for His specific need? You would be so excited and concerned to get it right. No? Well I believe that if you are a Christian and you are working on something you felt led to write, then you can claim this promise in Exodus 31:6 of supernatural skill. After all, He does speak to His own and He is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. You are not alone. See Him standing over your shoulder as you click your keyboard. He points, He nods, He corrects. Are you a "known expert?" Someone knows about you and believes in you. Go on and do that work for His glory.


(This is my big weekend coming up. I will tell you all about the wedding next week. Until then, be blessed. Nancy)

7 comments:

  1. I love this verse, Nancy, and believe writing is a calling and skill from the Lord. I like the picture of Him standing over my shoulder, helping me. Thanks!

    Blessed weekend; have tons of fun!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is powerful, Nancy. Have a great time this weekend. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this verse and this reminder especially if we feel called to write--we need to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for that scripture. It was a wonderful encouragement today! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray everyday that GOD will some how use the words HE gives me for HIS glory.
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not an expert at anything really, but I love this post. You're very right and it's something I should remember more when I'm writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that section of scripture. How blessed we are that God uses us!

    Have an amazing time at the wedding! Bring your tissues!

    ReplyDelete