Thursday, July 29, 2010

Two Little Rooms




I finally got my two little rooms cleared of extra junk and decorated. The two pictures on the bottom are my Victorian room where I do my blog and have my favorite books which I always talk about. On the top is my new prayer room where my clothes now reside and which is serenity itself. The beautiful bedspread was lovingly made by my daughter -in- law and contains names of Jesus. On the wall is my hand painted banner of Aslan.

I am happy to say that there are now a few empty spaces here and there. According to Don Aslett in For Packrats Only, "wide open spaces is the American way." And "empty spaces are the modern equivalent of luxury."

I had to earn my extra space. I lovingly babysat many things that weren't mine for a very long time so that my kids could get their condos and have a place to put their own things. It feels great to know where most of my belongings are now. I only have a few items that aren't useful or decorative (read sentimental stuff.) I even gave away some of my own kids' baby things for others to use since I won't need them. So there you have it.

I hope I haven't stepped on too many toes to do this. Now my house is clear and I can think of other things to do. Amazing how to clear up one area frees the mind to do its job. At least it works that way for me.





5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy -

    I know exactly how you feel. Love the bedspreads. Both rooms look pleasant and serene.

    When I cleared out the back bedroom, had the ceiling and wall repaired, and decorated, I breathed a sigh of relief.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new found space. I love vintage pieces! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    It looks so cozy and nice and you will really enjoy your space and time in there! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I move in with you?

    Beautiful!

    Love
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to come by knowledgeable people about this subject, but you sound like you know what you'ге tаlking аbοut!
    Thankѕ

    my ωеb blog - Awesome Toys
    my web site > buy toys

    ReplyDelete