Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Greeting

On Palm Sunday, my husband and I had the opportunity to hear the Oakland Choral Society present their piece, The Passion Of St. John, by Bach. I enjoyed it because it helped me prepare for Good Friday. It was in English so we could follow along with the narrative. The crowds were angry and the chorale sang old hymns in praise of our Lord. All of the voices and instrumentals were excellent. What a thoughtful and enriching experience.

Tomorrow, I am visiting my son Ben's church and we are going to hear the second half of "From Triumph To Tragedy." Then we are all meeting at his house and getting to know L.J. who is my my new grandson. He joins us at the age of two. Tyrus, who is a few months older, has a new little brother. It will be so much fun as God helps this sweet boy to know how much he is welcomed into our family.

I would like to wish all of you a Happy Easter. Happy Resurrection Sunday! Love, Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new grandson!

    Happy Resurrection Day!
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sounds wonderful, Nancy! Congratulations on the new addition to your family! We had a lovely weekend. Our church was decorated so pretty, and the smell of lilies made the message even sweeter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent Easter in Puerto Rico. It was a little strange not being in my home church.
    Hope you had a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete