Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thoughts on Jobs and Other Things


I finished cleaning my house the fourth week in May.  I was a week early because I forced myself to do my files, dining room, entrance, and linen closet all on one day.  All I did was use my attachments to clean behind couches, under furniture and around cushions.  I love attachments.  I only had a long skinny slot type tubing thing that fit on my hose when I unhooked the hose.  Next year, I hope to have a new vacuum with the brush, flat 4 incher, and several "arms" so I can reach farther.  Now those little tools make me so happy.  I also did the blinds and cleaned around wherever my weekly cleaning missed.  It feels fresh and new.  I love the empty spaces on shelves after I donated many items.  It's that clean look where you can highlight a great photo or knicknack and let it shine.

This month, I plan to do some creating in my little bit of extra time.  I'm not sure what it will be but creating gives me endorphins like exercise does to others.  I feel totally pumped up when I am done and at peace while so composed.

My schedule is looking quite busy, even with some working days off.  That's fine.  Whatever my hands find to do, I hope I can do it with joy as unto the Lord.  It seems like "playtime" isn't as much fun as it used to be and work is getting to be so much more interesting.  What's happening here?  Time to take all of the labels off things and just rejoice in the days the Lord has made.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,

    How about a trip east to clean my house? I love your energy.

    I read a magazine article about de-cluttering the other day. She called it "curating." The idea is to select the items you love and can't live without and give them a place of honor.

    A friend also suggested taking pictures of things that held memories but rarely saw the light of day. It's easier to part with the object when you have some record of it.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, we probably don't do enough rejoicing, or enough pausing to count our blessings and smell the roses.

    You are inspiring me; I really need to do some spring cleaning around here!

    Have a great rest of the weekend,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cleaned out our guest room and gave a way a lot of stuff. It feels so good to lighten the load and actually have a room back! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan - I do take pictures of things with sentimental value only and then give the items away. It sure saves space. I love the "curating" idea. I could really get into that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...maybe it's just that your work is more interesting because it has become synonymous with playtime. How cool is that idea?! I often feel that way when I'm writing.

    ReplyDelete