Thursday, September 16, 2010

What A Guy!




I mentioned in my early August post that I was hungry for some corn on the cob. Well, my wonderful husband, Larry, managed to get it for me not once or twice but five times. Oh, it was so good.

I'd like to give him some thanks today. Besides cooking for me, he is taking me to Ohio to meet my sister for my trip because the freeways are too much for me to maneuver. The week I am gone will be his birthday. It will be the first time we haven't celebrated together in 37 years. He is going to find a very nice gift in a closet just for him.

My sister and I will be traveling to New England on Sunday. We have quite the itinerary. Since I haven't been there before, I'm very excited. We hope to eat lobsters in Maine, visit Boston, and tour Orchard House, home of Louisa May Alcott among other things. I probably won't be posting until about Sept. 28 or 29. If you feel like sending Larry a birthday greeting, I'll pass it along. Thanks much, Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Larry, and I hope you have a wonderful time with your sister. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was craving some tater tots...but I had to go buy them myself. I learned long ago if I send my hubby to the grocery store for tater tots, he'll come back with Dorito's, ice cream and Magic Shell, and a 6-pack of Mountain Dew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. corn on the cob sounds wonderful!!!!!!!

    sweet hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a great guy! I'm glad you bought him a special gift.

    Have fun with your sis!
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat lobsters in Maine! Now that sounds like something I wouldn't mind doing! Yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy -

    New England is gorgeous this time of the year. Have a wonderful visit with your sister.

    Happy Birthday, Larry!

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun, Nancy!! I hope you and your sister take lots of pictures, eat lots of yummy food, and make lots of wonderful memories.

    Happy Birthday, Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all of your kind comments about my trip and my husband's birthday. They both were great.

    ReplyDelete