Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Solid Brick

Finding myself with some extra time these days, I am trying to make the most of it. I have been gathering up all my family prophecies, scriptures, notes from everywhere, my letters, and quotes and concentrating them. I take a series at a time and go to my prayer closet and do business. At this point in my life, I have been through numerous self-help books and Christian guides of one sort and another. I know what I believe and the general direction that God is taking me. I can read other things, because I am open to new ideas, but anything that doesn't fit doesn't go into my "brick" of ideas and truths I am building.
You'd think my brick would be pretty big by now. But you see, I am constantly compacting it. Those precious ideas that I find in many different venues come to be added on to the brick and pressed down tight in all directions. I might write about some of my "truths" sometime, but I just wanted to share how the process is working right now. God is faithful to help me use those wonderful areas He has shown me.

6 comments:

  1. Nancy: I love it that you pray about the things given you by others, to make sure they are God's word, not just men's.

    Do you have a room or closet you go to, that's all your own, to pray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a closet in which to pray? Is it literally a closet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of a brick and what you are building with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time alone with the Lord is so important. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends - I am guilty of not defining my terms. So sorry about that. In my church, we call the place we pray our "prayer closet." Of course, everyone wouldn't know that. I do actually have a little room where all my prayers take place. It's nice to go to the same place every day. (As well as the "praying without ceasing," which we are also called to do.)
    Thank you for improving my writing by reminding me that I might use terms that are unfamiliar to others. You are all very special to me.

    ReplyDelete