Monday, June 8, 2009

Living and Writing

There are several reasons why I haven't blogged for a few days. The first one is that I have been so enchanted with this whole process, that it takes up a lot of my time and thought and I haven't done too much else. They say you need to do a lot of livin' to be a writer. I needed to go out and live a little bit. My creativity was going dry.
The other reason I am pausing now and then is that this old computer is on its last legs. I hope it lasts until I can get a new one. I am planning that even now. If by chance these messages get even thinner, you'll know that it is reason number 2, not number 1. I'm black in the flow again.
This was a party weekend. June seems to be almost as hectic as Christmas. I went to a high school graduation party for one of my husband's relatives. I love to see all of the family. How wonderful for God to give us so many extra people to love.
On Saturday, I helped my daughter make lasagna and muffin-top cookies. I don't like to cook, but helping her is always fun. Her goods turned out very well and we got a lot of excellent fellowship into the mix. On Sun, there was a graduation/going away party for a young friend. It was fun, but I will miss her. Later in the day, my husband and I went to a first year birthday party for the little boy I watched some time ago. He had grown so much. The part that touched my heart was when I held him and talked to him, his smile lighted up and he was just so happy. That he remembered my voice was so important, because I had sung all those songs and talked his head off at meal times. He and I could still relate.
Now that I am back, I am so excited about all the new projects and people to meet through this blog. Thanks for all your comments. Hope to be back very soon. Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Ben and I found some great deals on laptops for you! We'll bring them to dinner tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your blog today. It has been so much fun making new friends through the blog world. This is my fourth month to have a blog. I am amazed at all the unique and fun sites. I am posting about our recent Disney trip and have a couple more posts about our visit with the "Mouse" ....then I will have more than a few posts about a new "grandson" arriving in just a couple of weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your back in the flow, Nancy. The writer's conference in Illinois was a wonderful blessing, and I thank God for each editor, agent, and writer who gave of their time to come. There were uplifting times of worship and good teaching. The main point I came away with is that I have been gifted and called to serve God and He is well able to make me stand. Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebekah - Last night was fun. Thanks for brochures. I'll check then out. Am at the library. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa Grammy - Couldn't leave a note at your blog for some reason. I have a gazillion questins. This is my second month. You seem to be doing great. At Disney - SOARIN was my absolute favoite ride, too. Long time ago, I got a MM watch at the watch shop on Main Street, and IN your pics, I love the safari hat. I have a great one in my living room. Also am a huge Disney lover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa - So glad you had a great time at the comference. Can't wait to talk to you and get all the details.

    ReplyDelete