Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Meditation

I was just thinking how sometimes I get away from the Lord a bit by being busy. It may be only a scheduling problem, not deliberate. But it can take my mind away from Him. One night, I just talked to God and had fellowship. I only went one-half step back to Him and He came barreling back to me, as if I had been lost for a long time. I was awed and overwhelmed by His love.
How He came to me was in confirmation. I had been enjoying the Bible, and He had been causing the Old and New Testaments to fit together for a specific day, using the same words and themes.
Then He used a prayer partner to confirm a truth about success that I had been asking about. Finally, He double confirmed the message in Unger's Bible Handbook where I was checking on something from Matthew.
I wish I could tell my lost and searching friends how He does this and how it touches me. Would they understand? So I am writing it down. Maybe "the God who is there" will reveal Himself to others in this way. That is my hope. That is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment