Friday, May 1, 2009

May 1, 2009 The Stain

Today marks my first week on my new blog. I feel like celebrating. To mark the occasion, I am going to do a little devotion. When I do articles and stories, I will be using my pen name: Gracie Prior.

The Stain
By Gracie Prior
I thought my white dresser scarf was ruined because of a dark water stain from a plant. I almost threw it out. At the last minute, I decided to go ahead and wash it and see what would happen. I used some concentrated spot remover and water on it and dried it on top of the dryer. It came out nicely and needed almost no ironing. On one side, there was a slight stain with no dark rim that you could see only by holding it up to the light. I could still display it on a chair or under my pitcher and bowl.
People's lives are like that. They seem useless and marred. They need one last chance. God wants to redeem and use those people. They are still valluable and lovely. If you are feeling down or discouraged today remember, God's not finished with you yet. Ask Him. He will give you hope and new ideas. He is the Creator and He can create newness for you.
That's the end of the devotion. Have a wonderful day. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment